B E A U T Y / Keeping Bleached Hair Alive - Amazing Indonesia

Latest

Friday 31 May 2013

B E A U T Y / Keeping Bleached Hair Alive

 photo loveaestheticshair.jpg

When I was 10 years old I dyed my hair for the first time. On the rare occasion that my mom went to the hair salon, she took me with her one time. We went to the poshest salon in town, not the type where you bring your kids. (hippie-mom not being the type who likes getting her hair done, I know you're reading mom.) Chez Henri was a place where all the clichés of French hair dressers were a reality. While my mother was getting a wash on the other side of the salon, Henri himself came to me and asked; what is it that you want? I answered red-purplish hair. With no further questions asked that was what I got. Meanwhile the ladies next to mom asked each other; who takes their daughter to the salon and lets her do whatever she wants with her hair? To which mom calmly answered; that would be me. Making the rest of the 15 minutes they had to sit there with wet hair utterly awkward for them. After that day and seeing how hair can instantly transform you, I saved up all my allowances and had enough money every other month to buy a new color, I tried out every hair-coloring-kit available in the drug store. this pretty much went on until getting these colder tones between grey, blue and lilac, that I've stuck to for the longest and feel most myself in.

So after reading my little hair resume, you could almost say that I'm an expert with 15 years of experience that learned everything the hard way (=Dyes gone wrong, hair breaking, hair falling out). That doesn't necessarily make me qualified to give you actual advice on how to bleach and dye your hair, but I could give a few tips on how to take care of it. Which is a question that is asked at least a few times a week. First off, when going to nearly white it will damage your hair. A lot. Afterwards you will have to treat your hair entirely differently than before. These might seem like very small useless tips, but if you apply them all they will have effect and keep delicate, damaged and bleached hair healthier.

/W A S H I N G
I only wash my hair twice a week. The process of washing, drying it, styling it is often is too demanding for bleached hair. Also washing hair washes out the natural oils coming from your scalp, making the hair dry.
/H A I R T I E S
Always use hair ties without a metal part. After switching to softer ones I noticed a lot less breakage at that awkward ear-height.
/T A N G L E S
Always try to avoid tangles. Every time you brush and detangle you have the change of breaking and damaging a few hairs. So tie your hair up before going to sleep, when it is windy outside, or just whenever you can.
/L O W H E A T
Classic one; avoid using heat on your hair. If you have to, put your straightening iron or blow drier on low heat.
/C U T I T
This is probably the maximum length of my hair while being bleached. The terminal hair length has to do with the speed your hair grows versus the speed that your hair breaks. Obviously with bleached damaged hair it will break more. So find out what your length is and keep it at that or shorter to keep it looking healthy.
nose piece:Maison Martin
Margiela

tee: Hema

No comments:

Post a Comment