W E A R I N G / Wearing Maison Martin Margiela for SHOWstudio - Amazing Indonesia

Latest

Tuesday 2 April 2013

W E A R I N G / Wearing Maison Martin Margiela for SHOWstudio





dress, shoes, nosepiece, bag: Maison Martin Margiela
images from my SHOWstudio tumblr curation

Can you imagine an email popping up on your phone from 'Nick Knight'. I couldn't. I thought it was most probably a news message from SHOWstudio, or someone who happens to have the same name.
But part of me secretly hoped that it was indeed the man himself acknowledging my existence. So although opening that email took a few seconds it felt like several minutes.
It was indeed Nick Knight himself, sending me an incredibly kind email introducing himself and SHOWstudio saying 'I do hope you don't mind me approaching out of the blue like this'
and asking me if I would like to curate the SHOWstudio tumblr for one week. I started writing a crazy fan love letter back but stopped myself, waited for the next morning to calm down and respond like a normal human being.

Now time is finally here that I am taking over the tumblr, usually every first week of the month a different person takes over the SHOWstudio tumblr to 'curate' this digital space.
Thanks to Nick, who asked me all the right questions I came up with the concept to make a gradient out of images and make the SHOWstudio tumblr shift from black to white throughout the week.
With the incredible help of Agata Belcen, fashion editor at AnOther magazine and stylist at Dazed & Confused, I got access to the clothes that ironically I usually only see on style.com and tumblr.
They will be classified by color and Romeo and I will shoot them in a very strict, uniform way. There will also be a couple of DIYs incorporated in the fade.
These are a few images from yesterday, the darkest day. It is by far one of the most fun projects I have ever done.
Hope you will follow and enjoy my project for SHOWstudio as the images fade to white until the end of this week. > Click Click Click!

I remember reading a fairy tale story a few years ago about recently graduated artist Rei Nadal, who received a message from Nick Knight in her tumblr inbox, asking is she wanted to do a project for SHOWstudio. I thought it was such a great collaboration between such a legendary photographer and a girl who puts her work on Tumblr. But at the same time I felt extremely envious of Rei. The funny thing is that Rei Nadal was the one to show my blog to Nick Knight. Thank you Rei!

No comments:

Post a Comment