Munich happenings. || Part two. - Amazing Indonesia

Latest

Tuesday 10 September 2013

Munich happenings. || Part two.

 [Munich. September 9, 2013.]

1. I get giddy (nerd-alert) having my main stop named after Johann Wolfgang von Goethe... having been a German Literature major and all. // 2. I can't resist a dusty bookstores that have entire sections dedicated to Bavarian royal history. // 3. Rooftop gardens are surprisingly common around Munich. I was lucky enough to have drinks at the bar atop one of the University's buildings. // 4. I love the patterns spotted around the city. I wish I knew more  about architecture (read: anything besides the knowledge I acquired in 10th grade Interior Designs class...). // 5. Oktoberfest is right around the corner and it's all about finding the perfect Dirndl. I finally found "the one" and let me tell ya, it was an experience to say the least. More about that soon. ;)  // 6. The Sendlinger Tor + a sign for the lingerie boutique right outside the gates (that's been in business since 1885).

Part I. here.




“Nothing can be compared to the new life that the discovery of another country provides for a thoughtful person. Although I am still the same I believe to have changed to the bones.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Italian Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment