A day in Nürnberg. - Amazing Indonesia

Latest

Sunday 22 September 2013

A day in Nürnberg.

[9/19/2013]

I was kindly invited by some dear family friends to visit their beloved home of Nürnberg. (Known in English as Nuremberg.)

It is such a beautiful town that is bursting from its seams with history. I swear if its remaining city walls could talk, it'd have a million tales to tell. From its days as the 'unofficial Holy Roman Empire' to the infamous Nuremberg Trials, it's a city that has had its share of triumphs and travesties.

Walking around you feel as though it'd be no surprise to see a knight ride passed on his horse, or to see a something reminiscent of a town scene from Beauty and the Beast. (Yes, that was in France, but the town gives off a certain vibe one can't help but see the comparison.)

It also reminded me a lot of the town Rothenburg, which I was lucky enough to visit back in July of 2011.

Oh Germany, I can't help but adore you and every new treasure you share with me. I am going to miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment