Oracle for Linux Installation HOWTO - Amazing Indonesia

Latest

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Oracle for Linux Installation HOWTO

1.1 What's in here?
Linux is well known for being difficult and, generally, user hostile. Being a bit of a Unix fan I'm not sure
whether I agree with that or not.
Oracle is similar I guess. Initially it's difficult to get to grips with, but it's difficult to work with any other
RDBMS when you're used to it.
Combine the two, remember that 8i is only the second production release, and you realise that this isn't going
to be straight−forward, even if you're familiar with both.
I am, but I had problems. Many problems were my own stupidity or hubris, but I document them for
completeness.

1.2 Who is this HOWTO for?
First, this document is for people who want to install Oracle 8i version 8.1.5 on Linux. It does not cover any
earlier versions, although it should work with similar later versions such as 8.1.6.
If you want to install 8.0, I recommend you try Linux Journals guide, and if you want to install any of the
previous versions you're going to have to use the SCO version and follow Paul Haigh's Oracle Database
HOWTO.
If you're trying to install the 'right' version, what level of background knowledge will you need?
Perhaps the easiest way is if I explain a little of my background, clearly if yours is similar we're going to be
on the same wave−length. I've used a lot of Unix and Oracle over the last few years. At home I've been
running Linux since 1994 and I've been using Solaris and HP−UX on−and−off since 1992. I first came across
Oracle in 1996 and have worked with both versions 7 and 8. I'm mainly a developer, but I have done DBA
and sysadmin−type work.

DOWNLOAD ARTIKEL LENGKAPNYA.

No comments:

Post a Comment